FOR ALL STATEWIDE CONSTABLES
PROGRAM BASED UPON BPD Rule 400C
7 DAY PROGRAM
- Introduction and class registration; history of the Constable; an introduction to the Criminal Justice System and Judicial System; an Introduction to Civil Rights and Civil Liability.
- Authority, scope and duties of the Constable; MGL chapter 34 and 37, Rule 303, Rule 303A, Rule 304, Rule 325 and Rule 401C. Ethical issues discussed.
- Cultural Diversity/Oral Communications; MGL chapters 208, 209, 209A and 209C. Family abuse issues will be discussed.
- Constable forms and procedures, service of process, jurisdiction, court room procedure, record keeping. Constable laws discussed.
- Use of Baton, OC Spray, Handcuffing and transport of Prisoners.
Tuition per student 8 DAYS $550.00
OPTIONAL – FIREARM PROGRAM 16 HOURS
1 class day in class room – Post, Dorchester; one day at range.
Included in the cost of the tuition:
- Three ring binder with class notes relating to the courses
- Copy of the Criminal Law Reference Handbook
- Certificate acceptable by the Boston Police Licensing Unit
- Writing material
We take cash, check or credit card (PayPal). Classes from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
The classes are limited to no less than 12 students to 25 students.
Classes held at the BOSTON POLICE VFW POST, 500 MORTON STREET, DORCHESTER, MA